There are predatory conferences that earn money using huge registration fees etc. Such conferences also steal papers from people, as these predators actually don’t exist. Here are a few external references to predatory conferences.
- Wikipedia provides good information on organization that are involved in predatory conferences. As per Wikipedia “OMICS Group is an organizer of predatory conferences. US court charged them with $50.1M in damages”. CDSBureau checked OMICS Group website on Sept 3, 2019, and found that the group had no conference event for US. CDSBureau recommends to do your own research before publishing a paper in a predatory journal or give a talk in a predatory conference.
- Predatory conference scammers are getting smarter.
- List of questionable journals and conferences.
- List of predatory publishers
- One user commented on research gate that OMICS group conferences are most likely fake
- TIPS: How to avoid predatory conferences.
Scammers are now providing free air-tickets to lure people. These scammers steal money in the name of hotel booking and steal their information. CDSBureau has published three articles on the conference scam. Check them out here.Share and like us at