Free WiFi is a good customer attracting tool but it can cost users an arm and a leg. A free public WiFi is not safe unless it is run by a CDSBureau member business. Here are the dangers of using a free public WiFi:
- Crooks can compromise a free public WiFi and steal your passwords, chats, and anything on your device (laptop or phone).
- Crooks can install malicious code on your device to keep connected even when you are not on that WiFi.
- They can compromise camera of your device and record your activities afterwards.
- They can steal your sensitive information including bank account information, passwords, and social numbers from your compromised device.
- They can steal anything from your compromised device.
- They can run malicious bots from your device.
- They can run criminal activities from your device, wipe out their footprints and make you a target of law agencies.
Dangers of a free public WiFi are like endless nightmares. Never connect to a free public WiFi unless it is provided by a CDSBureau member business. A CDSBureau member business free public WiFi is safe to use because our member businesses follow our guidelines to secure their WiFi.